Now, before smoking Salvia...
It is time to get serious and prepare your visit to the Salvia Divinorum dimension.
We always take these safety measures - no way around it, no excuses - when smoking Salvia we are taking a plunge into literally another mode of perception, completely outside the physical body
-(if the dose is enough) and our bodies may start doing strange things - without us even knowing about it - specially the first few times.Before you use Salvia Divinorum for the first time (even before you buy Salvia) read the "Salvia Divinorum user's manual", get it here.
- Read as many experiences from other people as you can. Follow the link to go to the Salvia Divinorum Reports and Experiences Vault
- Read the good ones but pay special attention to the scary ones, the difficult and horrific experiences and if you see things that you think you couldn't handle, this may be a good idea to forget Salvia and look for something friendlier.
- Have a trusted sitter
, specially the first times smoking Salvia, and specially when using high-intensity forms of the Salvia extract, leaf, or tincture. You never know how your body is going to react on Salvia, even after much experience, so you must have a sober friend that knows what you are doing and preferably with some experience smoking Salvia Divinorum. His only responsibility is to keep you safe and laying on the couch, bed or floor, give you reassurance only if you need it and help you remember what you said and did. You'll find that you have no recollection at all of doing the things your friend tells you you did.
- Find a safe place
use Salvia Divinorum: it has to be a really comfortable place, where you
are completely safe and feel relaxed.No sharp objects around, no
windows, stairs, balcony. Use your common sense: truly realize that you
will be outside of your body in the experience, and prepare to leave
your body in a safe place.
- Know that whatever happens you will be out of it in 10 minutes, actually, the REAL
bizarre part of the trip only lasts 3 to 6 minutes, as soon as you
remember who you are and start feeling into your body everything is ok -
you may be scared shitless, for sure, but at that moment you start
feeling relieved, you know everything's gonna be ok. The next 10 - 30
minutes you'll be so dumbfounded by the experience that you won't even
know how you feel: you'll be happy, relieved, drenched in cold sweat,
tired, dreamy, with a rush of clean energy, and a feeling that so much
energy locked inside has been released... It's magic, but you have to go
through the fear of dying, of leaving the body behind, early in the
experience. And you have to go through it with balls.
- Feel informed and safe
, nobody has died for smoking Salvia Divinorum... no hospital has reported anyone
coming in because of the Salvia effect. If the place is completely safe
and one has a sitter while plunging into Salvia Space, the worst that
can happen is we'll be left shaky and shoked and speechless, but that
will all be gone soon, just as almost every memory from the experience.
- Know your dose:
start low and keep increasing the amount little by little until you
find a dose that's just as intense and powerful as you want it. It's
OK to start using Salvia Divinorum leaves, you WILL feel the
effects if you smoke Salvia Divinorum correctly, and keep trying even if
you didn't feel the effects the first time.
Once you get used to low
doses, plan an experience when you can take the highest dose you can
manage - there are many levels to the Salvia Experience, but you don't
know Salvia's potential at all if you haven't gone through a full-blown
- Find a good time to do it, dedicate one hour or two to your Salvia experience: Make sure that no unexpected visits show up and that the phone and distracting things are out of the way. Don't smoke in a rush, instead, plan your trip beforehand and let the people around you know what you are doing and that you should not be bothered.
- DO NOT mix alcohol with Salvia Divinorum:
alcohol increases your body temperature and so does Salvia Divinorum. To
use Salvia while you are drunk can be dangerous.
- As for other drugs, I
personally don't like to mix 2 substances in my body at one time;
specially since many are largely unresearched substances and the
interactions between them are totally unpredictable.
- If you have health problems, mental illness or any physical condition, it is better to avoid using Salvia Divinorum. Talk to your health specialist if you have any questions.
-Salvia pushes some strange buttons in the brain, so be sure that your condition won't endanger your experience
-Be very careful with the fire when igniting the herb: Salvia comes on strong and fast, so make sure that the bong/pipe and lighter won't fall and burn something.
- Finally, never, ever drive or operate machinary awhile under the influence of Salvia Divinorum. Basically, you shouldn't be doing nothing at all, just laying and focusing. Stay home for AT LEAST 50 minutes after smoking Salvia, and don't drive for the next 2 hours.
One last thought: be careful who you give or recommend Salvia to... Salvia Divinorum is just not for everybody so only recommend it to people that you know will benefit from the experience.
If you follow these guidelines and if you have the right material to smoke Salvia properly, you will have an amazing, safe Salvia Divinorum experience.